Monday, August 27, 2012

Ten weeks is too short!

That's me, front and center!
My time at IMEC has been a great experience!

As a PhD student, a lot of what I am exposed to is within the academic arena. It is also good, I think, to see how PhD's can use their degrees and expertise in a corporation, and the differences between working in industry versus working in academia.

People here have been very sociable and helpful, and I have certainly learned a lot. It is very cool to see the capabilities the company has, and how that can be used synergystically within so many different fields and disciplines, and with so many other institutions and groups.

Ten weeks seems like a long time at first, but with only a couple days left, I can't believe it's already time for me to head home!

Blog post by Sarah Friedrich

No comments: